Asiamoney’s RMB Poll invites global corporations, financial institutions and investors that have used offshore RMB services via banks in Asia over the past 12 months to participate in an online survey.
One of the region’s first and most comprehensive client-oriented polls for assessing RMB services, the poll covers a range of services such as bond origination, transaction banking, derivatives, fund investment and research, as well as featuring a Best Overall category for the bank that demonstrates excellence across all services.
Asiamoney Global RMB Poll: Find out more
HSBC has ranked No.1 for Best Overall RMB Products and Services in the Asiamoney RMB Poll since the poll first launched in 2012.
HSBC continues to be a leading international bank for RMB business for our clients. In 2018, we have:
- Maintained one of the largest RMB networks
- Capabilities in over 50 markets
- 1st bank with capability to settle RMB in six continents
- Ranked #1 in Dim Sum bond underwriting league table
- Ranked #1 among foreign banks in the Panda bond underwriting league table
- One of the first banks to offer RMB deposit capabilities for corporate clients in the United States
- 1st custodian bank in China to support investors from Ireland and Japan to be the first RQFII investors in their home countries
- Launched a new Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) on the China Europe International Exchange AG (CEINEX) that tracks the inclusion of China A-shares into MSCI index
- 1st foreign bank to help a Chinese expat to remit income earned overseas back to mainland China in RMB
- One of the first banks to join the Cross-border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) Phase 2 in Mar 2018, with an extended clearing window to cover business hours in Americas, Africa and Europe
- 1st and only foreign bank to join the China Trade Finance Inter-bank Transaction Blockchain Platform, with transactions denominated in RMB
- Voted 1st for Best Overall RMB Products and Services in 2018 for the seventh consecutive year in the Asiamoney Global RMB Poll
- Best RMB Bank in Canada, Chile, Germany, Malaysia, South Korea, United Kingdom and United States and Best RMB Liquidity Management Bank in the Asset Triple A Treasury, Trade, Supply Chain and Risk Management Awards 2018
- Voted the winner of the 2018 FX Week Best Bank for RMB award
- Awarded one of the Best Participating Dealers on the first anniversary of Bond Connect in 2018
- Best G3 bond house for Chinese issuers in the Global RMB China Capital Markets Awards 2018
- Best RMB Manager in the Asia Asset Management 2018 awards
Source: Bloomberg, as of Dec 2018