Global bond markets have undergone drastic changes in 2022, with inflation, monetary policy and geopolitical events competing to take centre stage. Despite these headwinds, HSBC has continued to execute on its clear, client-centric strategy; helping clients across the globe to continuously access pockets of liquidity and offer them a timely, global market read. This approach allowed us to lead the way in helping clients access global liquidity in 2022.
By putting our clients’ ambitions at the heart of our strategy, we have been recognised in the industry across a number of accolades:
- In February 2023, IFR named HSBC European Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House in their 2022 IFR Awards. The publication called out our strategic, client-centric approach, which resulted in league table gains in both euro (up from eighth to third) and sterling (up from three to two). IFR also acknowledged HSBC’s ability to accurately read the market, highlighting our agility and scale, and referencing successful work for clients, including repeat mandates for Enel, Nestle and Unilever. HSBC was also named ESG Financing House of the Year, following a year of significant progress where we cemented our position as a top five underwriter of GSSS bonds globally.
- In March 2023, HSBC’s Debt Capital Markets capabilities were also recognised in the GFC MENA Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Middle East Awards 2023 across three categories:
- Sukuk House of the Year (2nd time in 3 years).
- Sovereign, Supra, Agency Bond House of the Year.
- Local Currency Bond House of the Year.
- More recently, in May 2023, The Banker Deal Awards 2023 recognised our ability to lead client transactions, which was highlighted in 7 key categories, demonstrating our ability to provide holistic, innovative solutions on landmark, ground-breaking debt capital market transactions across the globe.
Find out how we supported these clients on their landmark transactions below.