Equity Capital Markets
Equity Capital Markets combines market insight and intelligence with corporate finance knowledge to develop capital raising solutions for our clients. We originate, structure and execute equity and equity-linked new issues such as initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary placements, rights issues, convertible bonds, exchangeable bonds and certain types of pre-IPO financing.
We work with issuers located in the markets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Latin America and closely with our global equity research and equity sales & trading teams to provide distribution to institutional investors worldwide. HSBC’s strong balance sheet and broad financing product suite enables us to provide bespoke, capital-committed transactions at short notice, in complete confidentiality, and where necessary, in extremely large size.
In addition, whether you are looking for equity financing against a new or existing stake in listed stocks, or advice on equity risk management, the specialised Strategic Equity Finance team can originate, structure and manage bespoke solutions for you.
Equity Financing against a new or existing stake in listed stocks:
- Margin loan financing on listed shares, pre-IPO financing, bridge financing to exit
- Put based on collar financing
Equity risk management:
- Balance sheet management for companies on their own shares (treasury shares), share buybacks
- Equity risk management, managing exposure from new/existing stakes
- Strategic M&A situation
- Enhance acquisition/disposal of listed shares
- Yield enhancement strategies
To discuss service offerings from Global Banking and Markets, kindly speak to your relationship manager.